REMOTE SUPPORT & RESCUE
for those "need Dog NOW!" moments
Get remote support
Things we don't do with remote support
Need Dog NOW? DigitalBulldog offers remote support for some of our services including malware removal, software installations and file recovery. Starting at just £35 per hour (terms and conditions apply, minimum 1 hour, £45 per hour evenings after 7pm and weekends). In most cases we cap our remote support charges at 5 hours, even if we're involved longer. Terms and conditions apply - see Remote Support Terms and Conditions.
Examples of when our remote support can help:
- Windows Desktop and Laptop remote support — We are able to provide remote support to Windows versions from XP through to 10 and server versions from 2003 onwards. Sorry we can't remotely support MacOS at this time.
- Time-critical support — When there's a looming deadline and you can't wait for a site visit, we may be able to offer remote support to provide a rapid response to your troubles.
- Security & protection — Opened an email attachment you wish you hadn't? Been hit by a rogue website's driveby infection? Browser corrupted by a dodgy toolbar? DigitalBulldog has over 10 years' experience in the safe removal of infections and data protection.
- Installations, repairs and upgrades — We can't install hardware remotely, not until Star Trek-style transporters are invented. We can however install and upgrade your software, and fix many software-related problems, via a secure remote connection.
Things we don't do with remote support
While we can do a lot with a remote support session, sometimes it's impossible without breaking the space-time continuum so we recommend a site visit during office hours instead for those tricky unremoteable incidents. Terms and conditions apply - see Remote Support Terms and Conditions.
- Hardware installation — Until Star Trek style transporter technology becomes available, we're unable to beam new hardware into your device. We can always arrange a site visit to do this, contact us for details.
- Mac support — Our remote support software currently only supports Windows devices.
- Licensed software — While we're happy to help you with a software installation via our remote support service, please note you must have the requisite permissions/licenses to do so. We may ask for proof of possession of a license in the case of Microsoft products such as Office and Windows, and Adobe products such as Photoshop.
- Software fixes, patches and upgrades — We can install and upgrade software, and fix many software-related problems, via our secure remote support connections.
Remote IT support Terms & Conditions
- Remote support sessions are billed at £35GBP per hour Monday to Friday, £45 per hour weekdays after 7pm and all day Saturday & Sunday.
- If you are a regular client, we only require that you digitally sign (by return email) authorisation and acceptance, and we will invoice you following completion of your remote support session.
- For new clients, we will require a minimum £35 (£45 after 7pm/weekends) payment prior to commencement of the remote support session, and that you digitally sign (by return email) authorisation and acceptance of our fees and agreement to pay the outstanding balance upon receipt of invoice.
- By instigating a remote session, you accept that we reserve the right to digitally record the remote screen session for:
- Staff training purposes — no identifying information will be stored.
- Evidence of the session in the event of payment dispute
- Circumstances as may be required by security and enforcement agencies.
THEY SAID WHAT?
What our clients say about us...
Our new website looks great and very user friendly. DigitalBulldog worked with us every step of the way to create our brand and online identity. It looks amazing, we’re very pleased!
- Dr C.G. Barratt, Farleigh Dental
So, there I was, with a couple of books published, but at a complete loss as to how to proceed with the whole ‘I need an official website, now’ thing. DigitalBulldog was perfect, managing the domain and hosting solution, working with me to design my official site from the ground up.
- Mark W. Bonnett, somewhere in the Cynos Union.
Mark W. Bonnett
Our office computer got infected with ransomware, demanding that we pay hundreds of pounds to have our data “unlocked”. DigitalBulldog not only removed the malware but installed and taught us how to use a backup system computer to protect our documents, and advised how to avoid getting reinfected. First class service!- Mike Jessop, Jessop Landscaping.
When my laptop wouldn’t start up, it could have cost me a contract with a new client! I needed it to run a Powerpoint presentation for a potential client and had no backups (silly me!). DigitalBulldog installed a new hard drive and were able to recover all my documents. Got the client too! So grateful!
- Thalia Jones